I always drink 16 ounces of water upon waking up.
I have a large cup of coffee sweetened with stevia leaf powder and a little cream.
- Oatmeal with fruit and a protein shake
- Protein Oats from Muscle Chow (page 50)
- Toast with whole fruit jam and ground flax seeds with a protein shake
- Avocado Breakfast from Muscle Chow (page 38)
- 6 Eggs (1-2 yolks the rest whites) with whole grain toast
- Protein shake like Breakfast in a Blender from Muscle Chow (page 196)
I'll usually eat some fruit with any of these meals, and drink 16 ounces of water.
- Fresh carved turkey sandwich on whole grain bread (with condiments no mayo)
- Grilled chicken sandwich on whole grain bread (with condiments no mayo)
- Oven-Baked Turkey Meatballs from Muscle Chow (page 93)
- Fish with brown rice and steamed veggies
- Salad with grilled chicken or fish on top (no dressing)
- 2-Minute Chicken Salad Pita from Muscle Chow (page 73)
I'll drink water for dinner or San Pallegrino when I’m out at a restaurant.
- Grilled fish or chicken with rice and steamed veggies or a sweet potato
- Brown rice with edamame and veggies
- Swordfish on the Grill from Muscle Chow (page 121)
- Whole wheat pasta with a tbsp flax oil, fresh veggies and a pinch of parmesan
- Salad with grilled shrimp or chicken on top (no dressing)
- Grilled Apricot-Chicken Skewers from Muscle Chow (page 78)
Snacks keep my metabolism going throughout the day.
- Frozen pops (no sugar added)
- Nonfat organic yogurt or nonfat organic Greek yogurt
- 1-2 pieces of fruit (any fruit)
- Tuna in Celery Stalks from Muscle Chow (page 209)
- Protein shake like the 90% Shake from Muscle Chow (page 190)
- Snack size protein bar
- Handful of raw unsalted almonds
- Powdered greens drink
The bottom line is to try and stick to the 7 Keys to a Healthy Diet as outlined above. Those are the roadmap to creating a better nutritional plan for yourself. Try not to look at this as something you're only attempting to do for a short while. Take these 7 keys and make eating well a way of life, as I have and you'll achieve the results you've always wanted.
1. Statistic found in the "Center for Science in Public Interest."
2. Statistic found in "Toxic Relief" by Don Colbert, M.D.
3. Fact from "The Macrobiotic Way" by Michio Kushi